It has been six months since the first time I took freelancing on Fiverr as my side job. I have six active gigs, and some of them are doing great they are generating a lot of impressions and clicks. But the others are not meeting my expectations.
This is the list of Fiverr gigs that I take as my side job:
- migrate or transfer your website to a new server
- install and setup any codecanyon or github scripts
- install or configure SSL certificate for your website
- install jitsi, bigbluebutton, rocket chat on your server
- install and deploy meilisearch, typesense, elasticsearch, solr on your server
- be your laravel tall stack full stack developer and developer support
If you notice, only three gigs from the list above are hyperlinked, so far these are the three well-performed gigs.
the gigs with the lowest performance are:
- install or configure SSL certificate for your website, only 68 impressions and 0 click
- migrate or transfer your website to a new server, 71 impressions and 0 click
- install and setup any codecanyon or github scripts, 235 impressions and 0 click
Now, if you're wondering what is Fiverr Gig Impression, let me quote it from the Fiverr Help and Education Center:
These are the number of times your Gig appeared in Fiverr's thumbnails (i.e., on the homepage, category/subcategory page, search, and user page).
Fiverr Gig impression is the number of times the Gig appeared on a search, category, homepage, etc. This is only the number of appearance, not click.
Fiverr also explains what the term "Clicks" is meaning on their support article page:
These are the number of clicks after a user saw it once on the homepage, category/subcategory page, search, and user page.
Why this is a bad performance? Simple. Let's do a quick math on the average impressions per month that these gigs generated:
- install or configure SSL certificate for your website, only generate 11,3 impressions each month
- install and setup any codecanyon or github scripts, only generate 39 impressions each month
- migrate or transfer your website to a new server, only generate 11,8 impressions each month
From the list above, only Gig: "install and setup any codecanyon or github scripts" generates clicks, the other two were never.
Let's break down these gigs, and why they failed and perform worse.
install or configure SSL certificate for your website
As the name suggests, I offer a service to install or configure SSL certificates for any website, no matter it's built with PHP or Python, served by Apache, Litespeed, or Nginx.
After performing quick research and gathering thoughts, here are my conclusion why this Gig should be taken down:
- Most websites are hosted in a hosting provider that comes with web administration panels such as cPanel, Plesk, CyberPanel, etc. These panels have tools to provision SSL certificates in a quick and easy way, not to mention website owners can just ask their hosting customer supports to do this task for them.
- For websites that are hosted in a VPS environment, setting up SSL certificates must be done through Linux terminal, it's not easy if the website owners are non-geek people. However, most Fiverr buyers already knew someone from their previous order, the worker that they gave 5-rated stars is the person who would likely ended-up being hired to deliver this task.
- Other similar Gigs are already long-established and well-performed. SSL certification is just an SSL certification, is not a project with a lot of effort and needs a lot of consideration. that's why even if this Gig appears on the search result or Fiverr category page, the potential buyers most likely choose the already well-performed Gigs.
For these reasons, I am taking down this Gig from Fiverr and will replace it with another one.
migrate or transfer your website to a new server
I am a highly experienced WordPress user and troubleshooter, it's been 7 years already since I touch WordPress for the first time. Since then, I've migrated some of my WordPress sites to another server. I am a Web Developer myself, and deploying a PHP-based app from time to time is not a big deal.
This is why I created the Gig, six months ago. However, I noticed that this Gig is not performing as I expected on the day when I created and published it on Fiverr.
So, what could be the reason why this Gig has low performance? Let's do some quick thinking:
- This Gig has been outperformed by other similar Gigs that already generated thousands of orders. One thing that I notice in all of those gigs that have put my Gig out of nowhere in Fiverr, all of them have similar attributes. They all include "WordPress" on their Gig title, and this is what I haven't done since this Gig launched, yet.
Perhaps my Gig title "migrate or transfer your website to a new server" is just too general and not specific to potential buyers. Those potential buyers could be searching for the keywords "migrate wordpress" most of the time someone needs their website to be transferred to another server.
This is another quick math, if the website is a not WordPress site, there's a high chance that the website is a custom build, the website owner could be a developer like me, someone that knows how to migrate a website, since they're the ones that deployed it to the server, right?
But the case is different with WordPress sites, most of the owners are business owners that are typically non-geek.
From this quick math, I've been thinking not to take down this Gig, but rather to improve the title, description, and pricing.
install and setup any codecanyon or github scripts
This is actually a promising gig on my Fiverr profile, there are many Codecanyon scripts available to buy, and tons of GitHub scripts available to pull and install for free.
Until today, there are several Fiverr clients have contacted me and asked me to install the scripts that they found on GitHub or Codecanyon. However, just after I read the script's documentation and calculate the probability of duration to complete them, I ended up ignoring them :(
Just right after 4 or 5 Fiverr clients contacted me and I didn't reply to them, this Gig has not been generating clicks and people are not reaching me, which is absolutely reasonable.
For this, I don't need to do quick math or research why this Gig is not performing well, as it did but I didn't.
At the moment, I don't know what to decide about this Gig.
I took down install or configure SSL certificate for your website and migrate or transfer your website to a new server Gigs on my Fiverr, they are now only available for order through pram.dev.
Meanwhile, the install and setup any codecanyon or github scripts still generating clicks and people keep coming and messaging me if I can install the script that they found on GitHub or Codecanyon. So I will keep this one for sure and wait for the next six months to take final action on whether to take down this Gig for good or keep it for good.
After taking down those Gigs, I just launched a new one, I will develop custom apps for Android and ios in Flutter on Fiverr. This new gig will allow me to develop cross-platform apps written in Dart and Flutter framework, a new service for the marketplace for sure.